My next point, cyber-bullying is a rediculous issue. It's the same as real life buyllying, the people who cyber bully do so because they are in the comfort of their own home and safely behind that screen, but what you need to take into consideration is that this is the Internet. NOTHING should be taken seriously and you should NEVER let anything like a few pixels affect your life like that. If you do, then you seriously need to re-evaluate your life. I mean seriously, grow the hell up. Now I bring this issue up because clearly one of the members of The Howlers Den (Jianna, which I have doubts to being her real name) was bullied on a Star Wars Role Playing Forum.....yes you heard right. A Star Wars Role Playing forum (http://thejiannareport.com/blog/blog1.php). 'Nuff said.
Secondly, Moondog Wilson and his whole "team" put a strong emphasis on exposing everyone, yet...none of them have come out in the open about their real name? Jeremy Laughling has gone as far as to create a fake Facebook profile and various members have used proxies and VPNs to register on forums to avoid their real IP/ISP being uncovered. The whole blog is full of hipcrosy, they constantly go on and on about real information, yet none of them are ready to tell us their full name. Don't worry, we'll soon have them.
Thirdly, regarding the legality of their posted information. I present to you the ToS of the WhitePages (one of your many sources of information)
Restrictions on the Use of Data.
As part of the Offerings, WhitePages provides you with the ability to find contact information and other information regarding individuals and businesses. Without in any way limiting any other restrictions in this Agreement, you represent and warrant that you will use all such information (the "Results Data") for your own personal (non-commercial use) in a strictly lawful manner. Among other limitations, you may not:
- use any Results Data for marketing purposes, including making telemarketing calls, transmitting unsolicited paper mail, facsimile messages, text messages, email messages, or any other type of messages;
- compile the Results Data in a database and store such data for any future use;
- use any Results Data information for credit granting, credit monitoring, account review, insurance underwriting, employment or any other purpose covered by the Fair Credit Reporting Act, 15 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq. ("FCRA"), Federal Trade Commission interpretations of the FCRA, and similar state statutes;
- use any Results Data information for tortuous purposes, including to stalk, harass, or threaten any individual;
- match any Results Data with information from third party databases to append, verify, or create a new database;
- publish, transit, distribute, or resell any Results Data; or
- store via physical media, data mine or otherwise aggregate information or data made available through any Offerings for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement or any other applicable agreement between you and WhitePages."
I'll update this post/add a new blog when I get the time.